Not Sure About a Career in Marriage and Family Therapy?

Darren Adamson

NCU faculty member Dr. Adamson shares why he switched from a political science major with plans to attend law school to a degree in marriage and family therapy. Read his interview in CareersinPsychology.org.

3 Comments Post a comment
  1. So needed this, likewise I changed my advancement from a career in business to go back to school for MFT. I am currently taking Pre-requisite courses, and it’s not too often you find individuals who have graduated school go back to pursue this type of profession. There are others out there!

Thank you!

February 27, 2013
  2. Lia #

As an MFT, I feel this is one of the best careers ever. I feel that with every person I see, I learn something new, either about myself, that person or people in general. Every time someone shares something with me, I see it as a gift. And we get to make this our career! It’s not for everyone, but for me personally, it’s been great. Thanks for sharing your story, sounds like you are glad you made this choice as well.

June 29, 2013
  3. Seems like he chose to follow his heart and find a career where he felt satisfied with the work he was doing. Nothing against politics or law, but I feel like those professions don’t let you build those personal, emotional connections with people like therapy and counseling do.

July 21, 2013